Tuesday 28 June 2011

Musical Recommendation: Week 16

Jeez, Sweden! What’s up with you and making awesome folksy music?! Honestly, if I come across just one more great Swedish band, I’m going to have to pack up and move there.


Let me introduce you to Johanna and Klara Söderberg, sisters from Stockholm, who together, form the lovely band known as First Aid Kit. I’ve chosen three songs of theirs today, the first being ‘Tangerine’, which was the first demo they sent away to a radio station a few days ago. It’s a live SXSW recording, and it’s pretty good. The next is another live recording of Fever Ray’s song ‘When I Grow Up’, which the sisters covered for a Triple J Like A Version performance. The last song is titled ‘Hard Believer’ and has a great film clip. So I hope you enjoy these lovely folk ladies, and have a grand day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?